Friday, April 13, 2007

Day two

Well, from what I remember I did pretty well on Thursday. I had Thai vegetable tofu soup (the only vegetable soup worth eating) and eggplant and tofu w/brown rice for lunch. I have to say that good Thai food makes eating veggies much easier. But eating out all the time can get pricey. (It is a good thing that Tracy paid. Ha! Ha!)

For snack some cashews and a single serving bag of apple crisps from Costco (that at first taste like intensly flavored styrofoam but ended up being really good) I think that I will go and buy a vat of them. A little bottle of Martinelli's fruit cider, delicious. (All fruit. No added sugar. From Smart & Final. Also, purchase worthy.)

For dinner we went to Elephant Bar and I had a gardenburger on a whole wheat bun. (Yes, with fries. But only had a few and they are veggies after all. That was pretty muchit from what I can remember. (I have already confessed about the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf episode.) All in all a good day.

My overall goal is to find a way that I can eat healthfully for life and pass on good habits to Jordan and Reese. It has been most difficult to try to figure out what to eat and to acquire a taste for healthy food after not eating that way growing up. And I do feel much better when I eat healthy foods. But I love fries and burgers and nuggets and ice cream and fruit tarts and the list goes on and on. But if you were to ask me to list all the healthy foods that I like the list would be much shorter, take longer to compile and would lack the passion that I feel about junk food. Now, I am hungry. Ugh!

No comments: