Friday, April 13, 2007

suggestions

Well, "T" you were right. RSA was very upset about the change to the God diet. So I agreed to post some suggestions for meals. I have also found a really good website that has menus, recipes of the week and all sorts of nutritional information. It is The World's Healthiest Foods website. (www.whfoods.org). Also, I am trying to review some of things that I eat in my daily post.

Firstly, what helps me is to have a variety of fruit to eat. I don't have to cook it like veggies and it will generally keep me from getting too hungry and desperate. It is also easy to transport. (Tip- I love kiwi fruit but hate the peeling. But if you cut it in half and scoop out the fruit, similar to a grapefruit, it is really neat and easy to eat.) Fruit is also good at any time of the day.

Breakfast-
oatmeal- you can add dried fruit, honey, sugar free maple syrup, nuts, soy milk, etc.
fruit
whole grain cereal w/ soy milk - like grape nuts, ww cheerios, etc.
soy protein drink
jamba juice ( I am sure t-bone is saying giant jamba super oj. Freshly squeezed orange juice does have more vitamins and fiber
than store bought oj.)
homemade fruit smoothie- frozen fruit is most helpful (you can get it pretty cheap if you buy the store brand. This weeks
episode of Work Out on Bravo has a good morning smoothie recipe.)

Lunch-
Salad- with a vinegarette dressing
veggie sandwich (Subway's veggie delight is really good. You don't miss the meat at all.)
Thai food
veggie pizza
Frozen meal (Amy's brand is good for vegetarian fare)
food that you would normally eat as a side to meat
miso soup
yam w/smart balance (micro for 4-5 minutes) (i like it with salt and pepper)

Dinner-
Boca Burger
Boca Brand Chicken Patty (t-bone highly recommends)
vegetarian lasagna (frozen food; take left overs for lunch)

The other thing I would say is to not get too caught up in what is breakfast food, lunch, etc. Just eat whatever; whenever you want. I hope that helps.

No comments: