Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th- duh duh da duh...........

Today, we went to Whole Foods and did a little shopping. I love Whole Foods but it can be expensive. Which is strange as they love to rant and rave about poverty prevention. I have to also say that I have never seen an employee that doesn't have rosey cheeks. I am assuming that this is from all the wonderful goodness that they eat (no doubt purchased from Whole Foods).

So today I ate......
falafel w/ hummus (Normally yummy, but the Whole Foods deli falafel was GROSS! You can get cheap mix from the jewish section of the grocery and all you have to do is mix it water. That is really good. The best hummus is made by Sabra. Even Andre and the kids likes it.)
a potato/zuchinni latke (good)
2 pluots (a cross breed of plums and apricots- really good)
2 bananas
a quinoa cake (from WF- CRAZY AWESOME! I think that I am going to get some more tomorrow.)
a veggie pita, btw I made this myself and it was really good (ww pita, bean sprouts, fresh spinach, carrot shreds, hummus, spicy mustard, pretend bacon bits and sliced tomatoes)
a few salt and vinegar potatoe chips (maybe 5?)

I also attempted to eat some of the Whole Foods fresh miso soup. NASTY! The little packets of dehydrated miso soup are better by far. (Trader Joe's has a really good miso soup mix.)

That is it. I am kind of hungry now. I will try to survive off of water for the rest of the night. I am still going to try not to eat after 7:30. I think that will make a difference for me. Anyhow, that is it for today.

On a side note; I am watching the Food Network right now. Not helpful at all. But has anybody else noticed that Rachel Ray seems to be really short but her pants are always flooding? Why? I feel bad talking about her. She seems really nice. But she is too perky. It isn't natural. It makes me uncomfortable.

No comments: